Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Nita Wrap Skirt Pattern Testing


Hey everyone, sorry it has been so long since I posted, I am a bad blogger.  I have been up to a ton of cool stuff.  First of which, I was selected by the amazing Beth at Sew DIY to test her newest pattern - the Nita Wrap Skirt.

This skirt was amazingly fun and fast to sew and I can't believe how quickly I finished it.  It is a simple wrap skirt that is offered in three lengths - mini, midi, and maxi.  I, of course, selected the mini.  I had some denim lying around that I purchased at Joann's a while back on a whim and a coupon and decided that it would be the best choice.  It turns out I don't love the denim at Joann's but I do love this pattern.

The whole thing start to finish took about 4 hours.  I avoided the button hole on the waistband and went with snaps.  Besides, I really wanted to try out my new Kam Snaps.  I had white in the machine from the wedding dress I was working on and decided some topstitching in white would be a neat element, and it turns out I really like it.  My husband thought it looked nice too.

My only issue is that I have not sewn for me in a bit and was a bit taken aback that I had to go up a size from what I thought.  Oh well, time to hit the gym I guess.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome!