Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Pleated Skirt Inspiration

Proenza Schouler Mini
So snooping around the blogs I read I came across this lovely skirt from Proenza Schouler.

I have been watching the runways and seeing a ton of these lovely short pleated skirts.  I got to thinking that I could easily draft a pattern for a skirt like this for me.  I have a lot of fabric I could use in my stash following the inspiration here.

The Proenza skirt is made from silk georgette.  It is not my first gut reaction to use georgette for a pleated skirt, but then I began to imagine how the fabric would drape and move as I walk,  How luxe and pretty it would be to pair this with a simple black blouse and some black tights with my fave black booties.  Or how about an ivory sweater?  I could really play this look up or down.  It would be a nice transition piece too as it could be worn with or without tights to take it into spring.  Now, to find the time, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome!